Highland Meadows Design Guidelines
Highland Meadows is intended to be a walkable community composed of energy-efficient homes with styles and features that reflect a variety of tastes and needs. These design guidelines have been developed in order to enhance and maintain the quality of the neighborhood.
- Homes are set close to the street with friendly porches and glass-filled front doors, and garages are set back from the front yard, to enhance the neighborly environment.
- Outdoor elements are designed to create a walkable community in which homeowners can easily get to nearby services and amenities, such as a grocery store, movie theater and restaurants. For instance, there are paths to the front door from the street or driveway, and lights near the street that illuminate the night for walkers and bike riders.
- Large backyards with decks provide private space for family use, while minimal fencing creates a park-like atmosphere among the backyards and the common space of the Green Way.
- Architectural patterns and elements are coordinated without being repetitive—providing a common theme yet encouraging variety along the streetscape.
Green materials and construction techniques are encouraged to provide homebuyers with energy-efficient and healthy homes. Techniques favored include:
- Energy Star-rated windows and appliances
- Building techniques that create an airtight building envelope
- A “conditioned” crawlspace that is insulated and has controlled ventilation to maintain a dry, warm space beneath the home
View our complete set of Design Guidelines.
Why Highland Meadows?
We all want to have a place we can call home. A place where we feel comfortable and connected to our surroundings. Highland Meadows is that place but at a moderate price tag that makes it affordable. Come be a part of it.
Have Questions about building? Call Heather Croson or Karen Jacobson!
Heather Croson is the Project and Marketing Manager for Highland Meadows. Call Heather today at (304) 460-9280 to learn more about building at Highland Meadows.
Karen Jacobson manages housing development projects and has a background in community economic development. Call Karen today at (304) 642-6511 to find your perfect home.
Have Questions about our lots? Call Brent Kepner!
Brent Kepner, is the Broker / Owner at Kepner Realty LLC. Brent was born and raised in Elkins and partnered with Highland Meadows as realtor for our vacant lots in 2021. Call Brent today at (304) 636-5400 to find your perfect lot. https://www.kepnerrealty.com/